I decided to kick-off January with a photo-a-day. 31 days sounded much more achievable than 365. Even with our limited daylight (yes, there's lots of bedtime photos), I didn't skip a day. It felt good. I hadn't been photographing our every day nearly as much as I'd like and I needed the reboot. It was a cold month, warmed with birthdays and blue skies. It was a hopeful month, filled with a new year, a new start and a new niece. It was good.
Snippets of our January.
1. welcoming 2018
2. his last day of 10
3. he's 11
5. birthday-slumber party
6. the game of life
7. celebrating 11 with family
8. mattresses are apparently better on the floor
9. after-school walk
10. the response to "help me make your bed"
11. picking up the boys "smell my hand to get in the car"
12. packing up Christmas
13. Sunday drive out the road
14. major storm day became major lounge day
15. after-school walk, checking out the storm's damage
16. attempting to sleep in her own bed
17. attempting to sleep in her brother's beds
18. attempting to sleep in our bed
19. explaining why the sink is full of her hair
20. women's march
21. the flu got me
22. quadruple pig tails
23. a slow day on the "tsunami that wasn't" day
24. playing Old Maid
25. her new favorite book
26. friday night slumber party
27. getting fresh air while pretending it's not zero degrees
28. batter up
29. testing out jumping abilities of the new mattress
30. after-school walk
31. upset I won't take her to visit her hours-old newest cousin
You May Also Enjoy: